The following statement was issued by Peace and Freedom Party nominee for U.S. Senate John Parker and delivered at the February 15 press conference in Sacramento officially introducing PFP candidates running for office in the June 2018 primary election.
John Parker, a national leader of Workers World Party, is the Peace and Freedom Party candidate for U.S. Senate. He is well-known in Los Angeles, where he resides, as a long-time fighter against white supremacy, police terror and for immigrant and worker rights.
Parker has traveled worldwide and written extensively as an anti-war and anti-imperialist activist often representing the International Action Center. His international experience is critical at a time when Trump’s trigger finger is itching to go nuclear against North Korea and also threatening military intervention in Venezuela, and all the while escalating the war in Syria.
Parker campaigns to end capitalism and fight for socialism, declaring that Trump’s deportations, police terror, giveaways to corporations, white supremacy, misogyny, programs to deepen poverty, and his extreme militarism are part of capitalism, inspired by the previous administration’s record deportations and wars. Your vote for John Parker for U.S. Senate will help to build a movement for revolutionary change.
The following 10-point program summarizes what we fight for:
- End the war on black lives and ALL people of African descent worldwide. Reparations NOW!
- End the capitalist system and its robbery and exploitation of the poor and working class worldwide NOW! Revolutionary socialism puts people before profits and abolishes all forms of exploitation and oppression.
- End ALL forms of racism and national oppression. Support unconditional self-determination for all oppressed nationalities, including Black, Latino/a, Indigenous, Asian and Arab peoples!
- End the raids and deportations of immigrants. Full rights for undocumented workers. Support DACA! End Islamophobia now! Open the borders. No walls! Sanctuary for all!
- Basic human rights: quality food, water, housing, health care, education and childcare that is free or affordable. End all forms of austerity worldwide! Cancel oppressive debt to the banks owed by impoverished cities, school systems, and individuals!
- FULL liberation and equality for women, including reproductive justice, and FULL liberation for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer people. Stop killing trans women of color!
- End the capitalist and corporate destruction of the Earth and its natural resources. Free the land!
- End U.S. imperialism. Pentagon out – from Syria to Latin America to Haiti! Build international working-class solidarity, end occupations! Self-determination for Palestine, Jerusalem is Palestine!
- Full employment, decent jobs and/or income for all, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, criminal background or disability; free from racism, sexism, homophobia, patriarchy, ageism and ableism. Living wage and a union for all!
- End the prison-industrial complex and mass incarceration. Free Mumia Abu-Jamal, Assata Shakur, Rasmea Odeh, Leonard Peltier, Ana Belen Montes, the MOVE 9, Aafia Siddiqui, and ALL political prisoners!