PFP announces the
2018 Peace and Freedom Party of California Convention
Saturday & Sunday, August 11 & 12, 2018
Centro Cultural de la Raza
2004 Park Blvd., San Diego (in Balboa Park)
*** Open to the public ***
Registration opens at 10:30 am; meeting starts at noon. For the full agenda, please click here.
Dues and registration
- This convention meeting will be the beginning of a new term. The new State Central Committee will be appointed and seated shortly after the meeting is called to order. Those who are paid up on all dues for the 2016-2018 term, and continue to be registered with the party, will be reappointed. Please make arrangements to be up-to-date on dues if you want to remain on the SCC, even if you won’t be able to attend this meeting. If you are paid up you can still be reappointed if you aren’t present.
- State Central Committee dues are $10 a month, full dues; $5 per month, low income; and $2 per month, hardship. Payment of dues through the end of October is encouraged, but all SCC members paid up through August may vote at this meeting and may be reappointed.
- The meeting registration fee is $15, or $10 low income. Some donated funds may be available to subsidize registration for those unable to pay it.
- You may pay dues and registration ahead of time by mail, with checks payable to Peace and Freedom Party, and mailed to PFP, PO Box 24764, Oakland, CA 94623. (Please mail no later than August 2.)
- Dues and registration fees are also accepted at registration, which begins at 10:30 am on Saturday.
Transportation and parking
- Park Blvd. is the main north/south street through Balboa Park.
- There is a bus stop at or near the meeting place, Buses 7 and 215 stop there, and possibly others.
- For more information about public transportation, Please see SDMTS.com.
- Free parking is available across the street.
Food and drink
We will provide substantial snacks and beverages on Saturday and Sunday. There is one restaurant very close to our meeting place. Our breaks will be only about 30 minutes each.
If you have proposals for endorsements, resolutions, and/or bylaws changes, please bring them in writing, with enough copies for distribution to all SCC participants. There will probably be about 25-30 voting members attending, possibly more. Please give the copies to Secretary John Reiger by 5:00pm on Saturday; he will distribute them. Short (approximately 50 words or fewer) resolution proposals don’t require copies. Materials without copies for distribution will be prioritized and will be addressed as time permits, after the others.