Posted on July 25, 2012 by the 2012 Campaign Committee
The confirmed speakers are (listed alphabetically):
- Stewart Alexander for President, Socialist Party USA
- Rocky Anderson for President, Justice Party
- Stephen Durham for President, Freedom Socialist Party
- Peta Lindsay for President, Party for Socialism and Liberation
- Christina Lopez for Vice President, Freedom Socialist Party
- Alex Mendoza for Vice President, Socialist Party USA
- Yari Osorio for Vice President, Party for Socialism and Liberation
- Luis Rodriguez for Vice President, Justice Party
- Cindy Sheehan appearing on behalf of Roseanne Barr for President
When: Friday, August 3 from 6:30pm to 8:30pm
Where: Martin Luther King Room, Vermont Square United Methodist Church, 4410 S Budlong Ave, Los Angeles (MAP)
What: presidential candidate forum
Sponsor: Los Angeles County Peace and Freedom Party
Contact: call 310-367-9648 or use this contact form
The Peace and Freedom Party‘s Los Angeles County Central Committee is pleased to invite you to attend a candidate forum Friday August 3, from 6:30-8:30 pm. This is the final forum before Saturday’s Convention vote, and an opportunity for all five candidates to present their views, programs, ideas and reasons for seeking the Peace and Freedom Party Presidential nomination.
Journalist and author James Tripp will moderate. Each candidate will have an opportunity to make a brief opening statement about themselves, their reasons for running and their campaign. The forum will cover topics ranging from foreign policy, economic recovery and job creation, healthcare, and education, selected from the Peace and Freedom Presidential Candidate Questionnaire. Then candidates will be able to respond to questions from the audience. Finally, all candidates will make a brief closing statement.
A reception with socializing and light refreshments will follow. Each campaign will be provided with a campaign table in the reception area for literature and volunteers.