Posted on September 26, 2015 by the Communications Committee
The Presidential campaign of Bernie Sanders has drawn record crowds and electrified many left/progressives, but we need to ask some hard questions. Is it enough to "feel the Bern?" Or do we need to build a movement that will last beyond 2016 and transform America and the world?
In this symposium, writers from different political perspectives join writers from the Peace and Freedom Party to discuss these and other questions raised by the Sanders campaign. All contributions are signed articles that reflect the opinions of their authors and not necessarily the positions of the Peace and Freedom Party.
The articles posted so far are (or click here for all of the articles together on one page):
- Bernie Sanders, We Can't Tail After The Democrats, The Guardian, September 27, 1989
- Wayne Nealis, Evaluating the Sanders Candidacy, Marxism-Leninism Today, June 21, 2015
- Eugene Ruyle, Bernie And Beyond: A Socialist Perspective On the Sanders Campaign
- Brian Becker, Socialist Tactics and the Bernie Sanders Campaign, Liberation News, October 19, 2015
- Mary McIlroy, Feeling the Bern? Or getting burned?
- Roger Harris, Popularity of Socialism Revealed as Sanders Moves Ahead in the Polls
- Roger Harris, Sanders, Clinton and Trump: the Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Roger Harris, Bernie Bird Comes Home to Roost