Posted on July 3, 2014 by the Webmaster
Final results of the June 3 statewide election are now available from the Secretary of State. Here are the results for the candidates and measures endorsed by the Peace and Freedom Party.
In the 44th Congressional District, Peace and Freedom Party write in candidate Adam Shbeita advanced to the November election against incumbent Democrat Janice Hahn.
- Cindy L. Sheehan (Peace and Freedom) for Governor - 52,707 (1.2%), ranked 7th of 15
- Amos Johnson (Peace and Freedom) for Lieutenant Governor - 39,675 (0.9%), ranked 8th of 8
- Laura Wells (Green) for Controller - 231,352 (5.7%), ranked 5th of 6
- Ellen H. Brown (Green) for Treasurer - 270,388 (6.6%), ranked 3rd of 3rd
- Nathalie Hrizi (Peace and Freedom) for Insurance Commissioner - 212,991 (5.4%), ranked 3rd of 3
- WRITE IN Eric S. Moren (Peace and Freedom) for Board of Equalization, 3rd District - 134, ranked 4th of 5 (see note below)
- Frank Lara (Peace and Freedom) for Congress, 12th District - 2,107 (1.9%), ranked 5th of 8
- Howard Johnson (Peace and Freedom) for Congress, 34th District - 3,587 (11.6%), ranked 3rd of 3
- WRITE IN Adam Shbeita (Peace and Freedom) for Congress, 44th District - 5, ranked 2nd of 2
- Eugene E. Ruyle (Peace and Freedom) for Assembly, 15th District - 2,426 (3.5%), ranked 7th of 8
- Yes on Proposition 42 (public records and open meetings) -- passed with 61.8% of the vote
Note: the total number of write-in votes for Eric Moren does not include the very small part of San Bernardino County that is in the 3rd Board of Equalization district.