November 2014 Election
Visit our campaign website at peaceandfreedom2014.org
The Peace and Freedom Party's statement of purpose in the Official Voter Information Guide for the November 4, 2014 general election, published by the Secretary of State.
The Peace and Freedom Party is a working-class party in a country run by and for the wealthy and their corporations. We should not have to sacrifice our health, our livelihoods and our planet for our bosses’ profits. We can tax the rich, whose wealth is created by workers, to pay for society’s needs. We favor:
- Decent jobs and labor rights for all
- Free education for all, preschool through university
- Free universal health care
- Comprehensive services for disabled people
- Bring the troops home
- End all discrimination. Marriage equality
- Full rights for immigrants
- Restore and protect the environment
- Real democracy and fair political representation.
While our system puts the wealthy first, we will suffer war, police brutality, low wages, unsafe workplaces and pollution. We advocate socialism, the ownership and democratic control of the economy by working people. If we join together to take back our industries and natural resources, we can work together for the common good, rather than being slaves to the rich and their corporations.
Register Peace and Freedom Party!
Posted on October 28, 2014 by the Alameda County Central Committee
On Saturday, November 1 the Alameda County Peace and Freedom Party and Movement presents "California Propositions: Which Should WIN? LOSE!".
When: Saturday, November 1, 2014 from 2:30pm to 4:00pm (doors open at 2:00pm)
Where: Starry Plough, 3101 Shattuck Avenue at Prince Street, Berkeley (MAP)
What: Forum on California ballot propositions
Sponsor: Alameda County Peace and Freedom Party and Movement
Cost: free (but please buy food & drink at the pub)
Posted on September 27 by the Webmaster
Our campaign website at peaceandfreedom2014.org has much more on the 2014 election, including endorsements in local elections. This article is a summary of the endorsements made by the State Central Committee.
The Peace and Freedom party supports the following candidate in the November 2014 election.
U.S. House of Representatives
44th District: Adam Shbeita - candidate website
- No on Proposition 1 - water bonds - statement
- No on Proposition 2 - rainy day fund
- Yes on Proposition 45 - regulation of health insurance premiums
- No on Proposition 46 - drug testing of doctors/medical malpractice
- Yes on Proposition 47 - criminal sentence reductions
- Yes on Proposition 48 - Native American gaming compact